“After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given to the world.” – Christian Dior
Flower arrangements brighten the day and bring a piece of nature indoors. Whether you have access to fabulous fresh markets or just the super market, you can put together an amazing arrangement to transform your home aesthetic in an instant.
Each arrangement should have its own personality. The arrangements that catch my eye are ungroomed yet artistic. My advice is to keep it simple yet unexpected. Use your favorite varietal and add interesting fillers sparingly. Stay in the same color palate and explore the textures of different flowers. Choose one type of flowers in various colors. Experiment with your own creativity paint with flowers!
A few tips to make your arrangements last:
- Cut stems at a 45 degree angle so more of the stem surface absorbs water
- Cut stems under running water or submerged in water
- To open closed buds, put stems in warm water before putting them in cold water
- Use flower feed or several drops of vodka & a teaspoon of sugar
- Drop a penny in your vase to help prevent the growth of fungus and bacteria
- Dress up plain vases with ribbon, material or paper to disguise stems